Changes to the lists of eligible skilled occupations for Australia’s skilled visa programs have come in to effect on 17th January 2018. This includes occupations that will be:
- added to the lists of eligible skilled occupations;
- moved between the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) and the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) for particular visa programs; or
- removed from the lists of eligible skilled occupations.
These changes will only impact applications lodged on or after 17 January 2018. Applications lodged before this date will not be impacted.
According to The Department of Home Affairs, the occupations that have been added to and removed from the MLTSSL and STSOL compared to the previous relevant instrument IMMI 17/072 follow a regular six-monthly review by the Department of Jobs and Small Business of occupations eligible for skilled visas. This review takes into account advice from Government departments, labour market analysis and stakeholder consultation. The amended occupation lists ensure that the entry of skilled foreign workers to Australia remains carefully calibrated to Australia’s needs.
The changes are as follows:
- The occupations of “horse breeder” (ANZSCO 121316) and “management consultant” (ANZSCO 224711) have been removed from the STSOL and added to the MLTSSL.
- The assessing authority for the occupation “accountant (general)” (ANZSCO 221111) has been changed from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Australia (ICAA) to Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ).
- The occupations of “hair or beauty salon manager” (ANZSCO 142114) and “building associate” (ANZSCO 312112) have been removed from the STSOL.
- The occupations of “psychotherapist” (ANZSCO 272314), “property manager” (ANZSCO 612112) and “real estate representative” (ANZSCO 612115) have been added to the STSOL.
VenturaWorld, a Bangalore based Immigration firm, not only has many years of valuable experience but we are also a highly dedicated and committed team. We only focus on a limited number of cases each month so that your dedicated Case manager is able to give due attention and focus to your individual application. Also our Registered Migration Agent is based out of Melbourne and has more than a decade of experience with all types of applications.
If you would like to engage with us, the best way to proceed is to book an initial consultation with one of our advisors. Aside from explaining the immigration process and your migration options, you will be able to judge for yourself what it’s like to work with VenturaWorld and whether we are the right partner for you.
Visit www.venturaworld.in to book an initial consultation with us! OR login an enquiry OR Call us on +91-9108506981 for a FREE eligibility check.