International Education in United Kingdom [UK]
The United Kingdom (UK) has a longstanding reputation for academic excellence. Home to the world’s oldest university in the English-speaking world, the UK attracts over 500,000 international students annually. In fact, the UK is amongst the top three countries students choose for overseas education around the world.
Why Study Abroad in UK?
- 1. Get world renowned education: One of the biggest reasons students choose to come to UK is its world renowned reputation for academic excellence. UK Universities consistently rank amongst the best in the world. In fact 3 of the top 10 universities in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019 are British. Over 30 universities across the UK ranking amongst the top 200 universities in the QS World University Rankings and the Shanghai Rankings Academic ranking of World Universities.
- 2. Access Cutting Edge Research: The UK is at the forefront of innovative research and emerging technologies, giving students exposure to insights and experiences that are high in demand around the world. Students in the UK have an opportunity to collaborate on groundbreaking research, get their hands on the latest technology, and learn from brilliant thinkers who are amongst the best minds in their fields.
- 3. Benefit from Short and Flexible Courses: Academic programs (referred to as ‘courses’ in the UK) are generally shorter in the UK than many other countries. Students in the UK can usually earn a Bachelor’s degree after three years of full-time study, and complete a Master’s degree course in one year. In contrast, it can take a total of six to seven years to earn the same degrees in Canada and the USA. The shorter study duration helps to reduce overall tuition fees and accommodation costs, thus making the UK an attractive study option.
Furthermore, students can pick and choose from over 50,000 academic courses in more than 25 subject areas in the UK. British universities offer flexibility, allowing students to choose from different subject ‘modules’ and tailor their studies to suit their interests and career aspirations.
- 4. Great Place to Live: The UK is one of the most desirable places to live in around the world with its high quality of education, healthcare, transportation, infrastructure, and government services. According to the 2017 report, How’s Life? Measuring Well-Being, by the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), the UK also has a higher environmental quality, social engagement, personal security and the chance for engagement with civic society than many other developed nations.
- 5. Improve Career Prospects:A British education gives students an opportunity to develop the skills, knowledge, critical thinking, and connections they need to drive their careers forward. As a result, British degrees are recognized and respected globally. Whether the student chooses to apply for work in the United Kingdom with a work- visa, or return to their home country, a degree from the UK opens many doors for them.
UK Immigration Route Eligibility
The Student Route and Child Student Route are available to both EU and non-EU students. To be granted leave, international students require a total of 70 points. To earn 70 points, an applicant must demonstrate that they:
- 1. Received an offer from a UK school or university
- 2. Can speak English proficiently
- 3. Can support themselves financially while studying in the UK
There will be no cap on the number of visas available.
Graduate Immigration Route Post-Study Work Visa
The UK also wants to make sure that international students see a future in the UK after completing their studies.
With that in mind, the Graduate Immigration Route is still on track to launch in Summer 2021. It will allow international students who have earned a degree at the undergraduate level or above with a track record of compliance to work in the UK for up to two years. PhD students can remain in the UK for up to three years.
Talk to us today on 080-49016425 for more information about the UK Education System.