DIBP has finally released the occupation ceilings for the 2017-18 Program Year.
Good news for Accountants, Software Engineers and Mechanical Engineers as these occupations have been provided with significantly higher ceilings!
Following is what it looks like in terms of ceiling increase for these occupations. Hence there is a good likelihood of the possibility of being invited to apply for a visa even if the applicant has a lower points score in comparison to the asking points score in the previous program year 2016-17 :
- Accountants: From 2500 places in 2016-17, this has now increased to 4785 places, which is an increase by 91% effectively an addition of 2285 places!! for 2017-18.
- Industrial, Mechanical and Production Engineers: From 1539 places in 2016-17, this has now increased to 2178 places, which is an increase by 41% effectively an addition of 639 places!! for 2017-18.
- Software and Applications Programmers: From 5662 places in 2016-17, this has now increased to 6202 places, which is an increase by 9.5% effectively an addition of 540 places!! for 2017-18.
- ICT Business and Systems Analysts: From 1482 places in 2016-17, this has now increased to 1574 places, which is an increase by 6.2% effectively an addition of 92 places!! for 2017-18.
Here is the complete list of occupations with the benefit of a higher ceiling for the current Program year:
|Occupation||Ceiling 2016-17||Ceiling 2017-18||# of places increased by||%|
|1331 Construction Managers||5289||5400||111||2.10%|
|1342 Health and Welfare Services Managers||1177||1374||197||16.70%|
|2321 Architects and Landscape Architects||1391||1474||83||6.00%|
|2332 Civil Engineering Professionals||2174||3296||1122||51.60%|
|2335 Industrial, Mechanical and Production Engineers*||1539||2178||639||41.50%|
|2411 Early Childhood (Pre-primary School) Teachers||1822||2639||817||44.80%|
|2512 Medical Imaging Professionals||1000||1113||113||11.30%|
|2524 Occupational Therapists||1000||1109||109||10.90%|
|2544 Registered Nurses||16346||16741||395||2.40%|
|2611 ICT Business and Systems Analysts*||1482||1574||92||6.20%|
|2613 Software and Applications Programmers*||5662||6202||540||9.50%|
|3212 Motor Mechanics||5597||5980||383||6.80%|
The following occupations had a reduced occupation ceiling – as a result the required points will be higher OR waiting times, to be invited to apply for visa may increase:
- Computer Network Professionals: Decrease from 1426 places to 1318 places in 2017-18 program year
- Auditors, Company Secretaries and Corporate Treasurers: Decrease from 1413 places to 1327 places in 2017-18 program year
Ceilings for the following occupations are unchanged at 1000 places:
- Electronics Engineers
- Other Engineering Professionals
The following occupations have experienced significant decreases in their occupation ceilings.
- Bricklayers and Stonemasons: Decreased by 480 places to 1271
- Other Medical Practitioners: Decreased by 315 places to 1000
- Metal Fitters and Machinists: Decreased by 1347 places to 5330
- Solicitors: Decreased by 993 places to 4161
- Engineering Managers: Decreased by 252 places to 1155
- Airconditioning and Refrigeration Mechanics: Decreased by 274 places to 1427
- Social Workers: Decreased by 221 places to 1562
- Special Education Teachers: Decreased by 126 places to 1000
- Carpenters and Joiners: Decreased by 750 places to 6968
- Medical Laboratory Scientists: Decreased by 115 places to 1487
- Chefs: Decreased by 179 places to 2675
- Electronics Trades Workers: Decreased by 115 places to 1878
In Conclusion, if you are serious about migrating to Australia through the skilled migration route, then now is the best time to start your application! It’s the beginning of a new year, new quota and this is where you want to be!!
We are Bangalore based immigration consultants with a combined experience of more than 15 years. Call us TODAY for a quick check on your eligibility and a basic understanding of how the immigration process works! At extremely competitive fees we offer excellent services and value for your money!